Our Mission: The Cancer Center at Harrington is committed to ensuring the delivery of the highest standard of patient-family care as they navigate through diagnosis, treatment, recovery, and survivorship.
We are accredited by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons.
To earn CoC accreditation, cancer programs must meet 34 CoC quality care standards, be evaluated every three years through a demanding survey process, and maintain levels of excellence in the delivery of comprehensive patient-centered care.
When patients receive care at a CoC facility like ours, they also have access to information on clinical trials and new treatments, genetic counseling, and patient centered services, including psycho-social support, a patient navigation process, and a survivorship care plan that documents the care each patient receives and seeks to improve cancer survivors’ quality of life.
Our Cancer Center has a bright and private infusion area and treatment for many hematologic conditions. We offer navigators for a personalized patient experience. A patient navigator is a registered nurse with oncology-specific clinical knowledge who offers individualized assistance to patients, families, and caregivers to help overcome health care system barriers and offer advice on their care plan.
We are Dedicated To:
- Providing Total Local Care (TLC) in a compassionate manner
- Improving the quality of life for those with cancer
- Providing emotional support
- Fostering a sense of community among people affected by cancer
- Providing a wide range of services that promote wellness and speak to the diverse needs of cancer patients
- Connecting with our community through educational and clinical outreach programs
- Providing care that is accessible and convenient
- Addressing issues related to end-of-life care
The Cancer Center at Harrington is jointly operated by the not-for-profit Harrington Hospital and the for-profit corporation 21st Century Oncology, which provides radiation oncology on the first floor of our two-story building.
Dr. Colette Whitby highlights what makes The Cancer Center at Harrington stand out for patient safety and care.
55 Sayles Street, Southbridge, MA 01550
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.