Advanced and Evidence-Based
The Wound Care Center at Harrington offers you and your physician(s) access to state-of-the-art outpatient clinical wound care and hyperbaric medicine.
We specialize in advanced wound care, using a variety of clinical treatments, therapies and supportive services to treat chronic wounds. Our physician-driven, multi-disciplinary approach to outpatient wound care has a superior success rate in facilitating the healing process.
Who benefits from Wound Care?
A patient may benefit from wound care treatment if they have a wound that has not begun to heal in two weeks, or is not completely healed in six weeks. In general, you are encouraged to contact a Wound Care Center physician if you notice:
- Increasing redness around the wound
- Warm or red skin
- A red streak spreading from the wound
- An increase in wound drainage
- Pus or cloudy fluid draining from the wound
- A foul odor or abnormal smell
- Fever or chills
- Increased pain
- Tenderness at or in the area of the infected bone
- Increasing swelling around the wound
- The wound is getting bigger
- The wound has blisters, black or brown dead tissue
- Increased weakness
Wound Care Medical Director Dr. Acharya speaks to the benefits of wound care and hyperbaric oxygen therapy for prostate cancer patients.
As part of our comprehensive care plan, The Wound Care Center offers supportive services for our patients, including:
- Diabetic Education
- Nutritional Management
- Specific and Individualized Dressing Selections
- Foot Care
The Wound Care Center at Harrington is located at
10 North Main Street
Charlton, MA 01507
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For more information, please visit the Wound Care Center FAQ Section.