The Occupational Health Department (also called CompreCare) provides services to a variety of clients through pre-placement and periodic physical examinations/screenings, evaluation, and treatment of work-related injuries, medical surveillance screenings, immunizations, wellness/safety education, and work site evaluations.
We provide services to employers on a contract basis and offer their employees with overall health and wellness in the workplace. Private individuals can request one-time services by contacting us for further information.
We are located at 32 Oakes Avenue in Southbridge.
Beginning in 2014, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration requires all medical examiners to be trained and certified in FMCSA physical qualification standards.
All Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) drivers must be examined by a certified Medical Examiner who has completed the FMCSA training. All drivers regulated by the Department of Transportation/CMV standards are required to have a valid medical certificate signed by a Certified Medical Examiner.
Our office can help! We have certified medical examiners who can perform health screenings and physicals required by the Department of Transportation. We are specially trained and listed on the the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration National Registry.
Paulette Remijan and Dr. Andrey Sayko, Medical Director for our Occupational Health Services Department, can perform physical exams for local businesses large and small that require a DOT medical exam to operate machinery or perform specific job duties.
Being a certified medical examiner means we are held to the highest standards in healthcare. Our job is to ensure drivers are physically and mentally fit to safely operate a commercial vehicle.
Appointments can be made by calling 508-765-3093.
Additional Benefits to CompreCare
Using Harrington’s CompreCare services will give your organization the professional and clinical expertise required to:
- Promote a safe and healthful work environment;
- Meet the identified and prospective needs of new and existing employees within a company/hospital;
- Help you comply with Federal and State regulations specific to your industry or business;
- Improve overall employee health and safety awareness through programs such as health promotion (wellness) and on-site immunizations, and through safety programs such as CPR/First Aid and blood-borne pathogen training.
Programs include, but are not limited to:
- Pre-placement/post-job offer screenings
- DOT and medical surveillance physical examinations
- Drug and alcohol testing
- Pulmonary function and respirator fit testing
- Audiometric testing and hearing conservation training
- Immunizations and PPD testing specific for employment
- Laboratory testing and diagnostic imaging for medical surveillance
- Work related injury assessment, treatment, and management
- Workplace safety and ergonomic analysis
We also offer a Travel Clinic, located at our Southbridge campus for those looking to visit outside the country and are in need of health information or vaccinations.
For more information, please contact us at 508-765-3093.