The Harrington 2016 Annual Report is now available. Download here.
“The mission of Harrington HealthCare System is to deliver optimal healthcare to the residents and communities of South Central Massachusetts and Northeastern Connecticut. We are committed to providing personalized, compassionate care and advanced technology. Our vision is to continue a long tradition of caring and expand our comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services along with community outreach programs.”
See our Quality Awards and national recognitions
Founded in 1931, Harrington Hospital has always operated as a nonprofit institution governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, serving the best interests of the public.
Today, Harrington HealthCare System serves more than 25 communities across south central Massachusetts and northeastern Connecticut. Our system includes:
- The 114-bed acute-care Harrington Hospital in Southbridge, that provides medical and surgical inpatient care, 24-hour emergency services, psychiatry, pediatrics, women’s health, eICU and comprehensive outpatient services;
- Harrington HealthCare at Webster, an outpatient facility anchored by the 24/7 Remillard Family Emergency Department and new 16-bed inpatient co-occurring disorders unit. Additional services include primary care and specialty physicians, diagnostic imaging, laboratory, cardiology, gastroenterology, same-day surgery, and an advanced sleep lab;
- Three additional major medical office buildings—Harrington HealthCare at Charlton, Harrington HealthCare at 169, also in Charlton, and Harrington HealthCare at Spencer—which houses primary care and specialty physicians, diagnostic imaging, laboratory, physical therapy, outpatient behavioral health, audiology, and a Wound Care Center with hyperbaric oxygen chambers;
- Harrington Physician Services, our primary care and multi-specialty physician group, consists of more than 60 physicians located in offices in Brimfield, Charlton, Dudley, Southbridge, Spencer, Sturbridge and Webster;
- UrgentCare Express at Harrington, a walk-in medical center for non-life-threatening illnesses and injuries, open seven days per week in Charlton and Oxford;
- The Cancer Center at Harrington in Southbridge, that allows patients to receive advanced, local oncological and hematology care, including chemotherapy, radiation and pain management. The service is joint venture partner with 21st Century Oncology and UMass Medical Center.
- Advanced diagnostic imaging
- Oncology and cancer care
- Adult and pediatric inpatient care
- Inpatient and outpatient behavioral health, including mental health counseling and recovery services for substance use disorder
- 24-hour emergency care
- Safe, advanced surgical services – including same day procedures
- Occupational health
- Cardiology and cardiac rehabilitation
- Orthopedic surgery and sports medicine
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation programs
- Wellness programs and community outreach
Harrington Physician Services
Our growing affiliated physician group, Harrington Physician Services, employs more than 60 primary care and specialty physicians, with offices in Brimfield, Charlton, Webster, Southbridge, Spencer and Sturbridge.
Adult imaging studies are read by Harvard Medical Faculty Physicians from Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. We have a BIDMC radiologist on site seven days per week, with immediate teleradiology available 24/7.
Pediatric imaging studies are read by Children’s Hospital Boston.
We have a strong relationship with UMass Memorial Health Care, with shared patient privileges and service lines. Our Telestroke program in our Southbridge and Webster Emergency Care Centers are led by physicians in the UMass Stroke Care Department.
Harrington is also a teaching hospital for the University of Massachusetts medical students.
Our Wound Care program is partnered with Healogics, and we were named a Center of Excellence three years in a row: 2014 (Center of Distinction) 2015 (Center of Excellence) and 2016 (Center of Excellence)
Our board-certified Hospitalists provide on-site physician care 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Hospitalists work with patients’ physicians and consult with other specialists as needed, providing excellent clinical care and prompt response.
Primary care physicians have displayed full support for a hospitalist program at Harrington, which allows their patients to receive on-site and immediate care by physicians who are fully trained in internal and critical care.
The Harrington Auxiliary is a dedicated, volunteer group dedicated to supporting our core mission of providing TLC. The Auxiliary and Volunteer Department create fund-raising projects, community events, holiday sales and health seminars to support our patients and augment hospital needs.