“The mission of Harrington Hospital is to deliver optimal healthcare to the residents and communities of South Central Massachusetts and Northeastern Connecticut. We are committed to Total Local Care (TLC), providing personalized, compassionate care, and advanced technology close to home. Our vision is to continue a long tradition of caring and expand our comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services along with community outreach programs.”
Download and view our 2015 Annual Report here.
Founded in 1931, Harrington Hospital has always operated as a nonprofit institution governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, serving the best interests of the public.
Today, Harrington HealthCare System serves more than 21 communities across South Central Massachusetts and Northeastern Connecticut. Our system includes:
- The 114-bed acute-care Harrington Hospital in Southbridge, that provides medical and surgical inpatient care, 24-hour emergency services, psychiatric care, pediatrics, obstetrics and maternity, eICU, and comprehensive outpatient services;
- The new 16-bed inpatient co-occurring disorders unit at Harrington HealthCare at Webster, which treats adults with mental health and substance use disorder and illness;
- Harrington HealthCare at Webster, an outpatient facility anchored by a 24/7 Emergency Department that also includes primary care and specialty physicians, diagnostic imaging, laboratory, cardiology, gastroenterology, same-day surgery, and the region’s most technologically advanced sleep lab;
- Three additional major medical office buildings—Harrington HealthCare at Charlton, Harrington HealthCare at 169, also in Charlton, and Harrington HealthCare at Spencer—which houses primary care and specialty physicians, diagnostic imaging, laboratory, physical therapy, outpatient behavioral health, audiology, and a Wound Care Center with hyperbaric oxygen chambers;
- Harrington Physician Services, our primary care and multi-specialty physician group, consists of more than 60 physicians located in offices in Brimfield, Charlton, Dudley, Southbridge, Spencer, Sturbridge and Webster;
- UrgentCare Express at Harrington, a walk-in medical center for non-life-threatening illnesses and injuries, open seven days per week in Charlton and Oxford;
- The Cancer Center at Harrington in Southbridge, that allows patients to receive advanced, local oncological and hematology care, including chemotherapy, counseling, and pain management. The service is joint venture partner with 21st Century Oncology to offer advanced radiation therapy services.
- Advanced diagnostic imaging
- Inpatient medical and surgical care
- Occupational Health services
- Inpatient and outpatient behavioral health
- 24-hour Emergency Care with Telestroke Medicine
- Maternity, labor and delivery
- Oncology and cancer care
- Cardiology and cardiac rehabilitation
- Orthopedic surgery and sports medicine
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation programs
- Wellness programs and community outreach
Harrington Physician Services
Our growing affiliated physician group, Harrington Physician Services, employs more than 60 primary care and specialty physicians, with offices in Brimfield, Charlton, Webster, Southbridge, Spencer and Sturbridge.
Adult imaging studies are read by Harvard Medical Faculty Physicians from Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. We have a BIDMC radiologist on site seven days per week, with immediate teleradiology available 24/7.
Pediatric imaging studies are read by Children’s Hospital Boston.
We have a strong relationship with UMass Memorial Health Care, with shared patient privileges and service lines. Our Telestroke program in our Southbridge and Webster Emergency Care Centers are led by physicians in the UMass Stroke Care Department.
Harrington is also a teaching hospital for the University of Massachusetts medical students.
Our board-certified Hospitalists provide on-site physician care 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Hospitalists work with patients’ physicians and consult with other specialists as needed, providing excellent clinical care and prompt response. Primary care physicians have displayed full support for a Hospitalist program at Harrington, which allows their patients to receive on-site and immediate care by physicians who are fully trained in internal and critical care.
The Harrington Auxiliary is a dedicated, volunteer group dedicated to supporting our core mission of providing TLC. The Auxiliary and Volunteer Department create fund-raising projects, community events, holiday sales and health seminars to support our patients and augment hospital needs.